National Low T Clinic
Low Testosterone (Low T) symptoms include:
- Fatigue/decreased energy
- Maybe you stopped exercising because you just didn’t feel up to it or you have a tough time getting through the day.
- All men occasionally get tired but prolonged, continuous fatigue at any age is not normal. This affects everything from your work performance to your attitude… and it could be through no fault of your own.
- Low energy once was considered to be just a normal part of the aging process. Now it is recognized by more doctors as a symptom of low testosterone levels.
- Reduced muscle mass and strength
- Your stamina is fading. Lifting heavy items is more difficult. You might be working out less than usual, but there is nothing you can think of that explains this loss of strength..
- Studies have found that, when men between the ages of 25 and 60 are relatively inactive, they will lose half a percent of muscle strength each year. After 60, the rate of muscle loss doubles every 10 years. While decreased strength can be attributed to age, some can be tied to a decline in testosterone levels. In other words: as testosterone levels decrease, so does muscle mass.
- Testosterone is a necessary component in gaining and retaining lean muscle mass. In a recent study, men who used testosterone replacement for six months to bring their levels into the “normal” range experienced an increase in muscle mass of 2.5 pounds.
- Increased body fat/Weight gain
- Excess stored fat can zap your free testosterone’s effectiveness. Low testosterone often results not only in reduced muscle mass, but also in increased body fat.
- Reduced sex drive (libido)
- Testosterone isn’t the only hormone that provides a man with his sex drive, but it’s a major component. However, when a man’s testosterone level falls outside the normal range, it can cause a decrease in libido. A change in a man’s sex drive not only affects him, but it also impacts his relationship with his partner. That’s a touchy subject for a lot of guys.
- Regaining your sex drive will make your life more enjoyable, put a spring in your step, and improve your relationship with your partner.
- The good news is that a decrease in a man’s sex drive is treatable. If you have noticed a change in your sex drive, testosterone therapy can help you.
- Sexual dysfunction (weak erections, fewer erections)
- All men experience sexual performance issues as they age. Testosterone plays a key role in the development of male reproductive tissues. It stimulates a man’s sex drive and sexual function. For many men, a low testosterone or Low T treatment can bring back full functionality and increased sensation
- Trouble Sleeping
- The more difficulty a man has sleeping, the more likely his testosterone will drop. A recent study found a single week of sleep loss lowered testosterone levels by as much as 15% in a group of young healthy men. In some cases, low testosterone can cause insomnia or other sleep disturbances. Testosterone replacement therapy may help regulate negative sleep patterns, facilitating a more restful night’s sleep.